Thursday, June 19, 2008

Is that car driving slow on purpose?

How do you know if the slow car in front of you is coasting or choking? During my commute today, as I conscientiously managed an appropriate distance between myself and others, I was startled by a very slow moving vehicle ahead of me. What is this guy doing?! (my immediate thought is always a "guy?!" while my husband usually says "lady!?"...). Is he stalled or wrecked? As I passed him, I realized that he was coasting!
OK, if my initial assumption is that there is surely something wrong with that slow-moving vehicle - I can only imagine what the Non- happy-speeder thinks when he happens to find himself behind me. This experience reminded me why I started this blog. If that coasting car had a sign that alerted me to his happy speeding state, my reaction would have been to coast along behind him. Instead, I wasted gas by changing lanes to go a little faster,to brake harder, and to end up one car ahead of him at the next jam. When will I ever learn...

all rights reserved

No comments: