Friday, June 13, 2008

Ten Classic Driving Songs

Have you ever noticed how many songs there are about the pure joy of happy speeding? I suppose some people might read other meanings into some of the song lyrics, and that is their choice. I am just pumped to find that the love of speeding is so pervasive - besides sex and rebellion; fast cars and fast driving are tops on the list of Rock-n-Roll song subjects.
Read more!
And here is the rest of it.

If you didn't have time to look up the answers to the lyrics quiz, here are the answers:

1. "Drive My Car" Beatles

2. "Mercedes Benz" Janis Joplin

3. "Drivin' my Life Away" Eddie Rabbitt

4. "Can't Drive 55" Sammy Hagar

5. "Mustang Sally" Wilson Pickett

6. "The Speed of Love" Rush (I guess this one was kind of hard)

7. "Fast Car" Tracy Chapman

8. " Red Corvette" Prince

9. "Pink Cadillac" Bruce Springsteen

10. "Maybellene" Chuck Berry

The original lyric excerpts are located on my website: Happy Speeder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I had fun trying to guess! Thanks for sharing!